Calgary 2008 dialogues
At the CRRF recent Biennial Award of Excellence Symposium held in Calgary, Alberta, April 30 - May 2, 2008, a series of policy dialogues were convened as part of a data gathering process for a number of national anti-racism policies being developed by the CRRF. The policy themes covered in the series of Dialogue sessions are:
- A National Anti-racism Policy
- A Policy on Racial Profiling
- A Policy on the Collection of Race-Based Statistics
- A Policy on the Integration of Race and Antiracism in Education and Training and two additional topics for discussion
- "Reasonable Accommodation"
- "Racism as a Determinant of Health"
The panels for each of the Dialogue brought together anti-racism practitioners from diverse sectors including, academia, government, community, non-governmental organizations, and public institutions. The individuals comprised panellist, moderators and notetakers.
The following information provides a snapshot of the key discussion points and themes raised in the Dialogue sessions.
Our sincere appreciation and thanks to all the individuals and organizations who participated in this process and contributed their knowledge, expertise and time in this important process for the CRRF.